QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What kind of GPS?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bthunter

bthunter

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 pm

I'm looking for another GPS. I have a regular E-Trex (yellow) but I need one that can download tracks and maps. BobT listed a download that I'd like to have. How about some info on the different types used by everyone. Thanks, bthunter
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:50 pm

I've only ever had one. A Garmin 60CSX. It's discontinued now, but replaced by the 62 series. There's 8 or 10 people that I know and ride with using the 60csx with good results. Maybe search around for a good condition used one also. Most of the newer styles are now touch screen models, just haven't had to up-grade yet.

Here's a good post - LINK

Thing is you have a Garmin now, may be easier to stick with that brand.

I have a car model Garmin nuvi that I've just figured out how to load topo and custom maps to with some guidance form BobT. Here's a screen shot of it. (5" screen)

What kind of GPS? P1020122
Back to top Go down
bthunter

bthunter

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Does RAM make a mount for those?
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:25 pm

the nuvi series ?

What kind of GPS? Ramholga35

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-garmin-nuvi-1490t-cradle-ram-hol-ga35u.html

Although that unit is not water / mud proof
Back to top Go down
bthunter

bthunter

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 10:47 pm

I have a NUVI 1300, afraid to use it on atv. How about that Garmin 65 series? Can maps and tracks be downloaded to it?
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 5:21 pm

I have never heard of a 65 so I Googled it and found a manual and it appears to be very old and it did not mention anything about being able to load anything onto it.

A lot of the guys I ride with use Nuvi's with no issues. Just make sure you have a screen saver. I have used a 205 many times.
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
bthunter

bthunter

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Another mistake, it's a Garmin 62 series. BobT, do you use a Garmin or a NUVI?
Back to top Go down
BobT

BobT

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 pm

I used to use both a Garmin Colorado and a Garmin Nuvi. Now I have a Garmin Montana and that is all I use.

The 62 is supposed to be very good and you can load maps and tracks onto it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.triadtrailblazers.com
Sponsored content

What kind of GPS? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of GPS?   What kind of GPS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What kind of GPS?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
QuadCrew Riders :: Media Center :: Cameras, Camcorders, GPS and Gadgets-
Jump to: