QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Burning Rock

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:53 am

Did anyone hear that sound??

I think it was the doors being locked. Sad
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

I saw this...

November 16, 2012

Burning Rock trails closed for storm repairs
Work expected to take at least 30 days
By Wendy Holdren
Register-Herald Reporter The Register-Herald Fri Nov 16, 2012, 12:08 AM EST

The trail system at Burning Rock Outdoor Adventure Park will be closed for at least 30 days while repairs are being made to trails damaged from the summer derecho and the recent winter storm.

Director of Marketing Lisa Gale said multiple trees were downed and there were erosion issues.

“Even though we had folks on-site working to repair the trails, there was so much damage they could never get caught up,” Gale said.

“We just decided that it would be best to shut the trails down so we could get the big equipment in needed to get the trails back to the safe standards they were before.”

For those with trail riding permits, a sticker can be obtained for an additional month’s worth of riding time after repairs are complete.

Gale said to check the Burning Rock website for hours of operation, as the winter seasonal hours are now in effect.

If for some reason repairs take longer than a month, trail riders will receive additional riding time, Gale said.

“Our folks have done a great job of trying to maintain the trails, but with so much damage we wanted to focus on this more intently. We want everyone to be safe.”

Cabin rentals are still available and the zipline system is still operating.

Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 9:58 am

Well that's a nice press release. They didn't mention the firing of there employees
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 am

Tell me more!!
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:15 am

Burning Rock is different then a lot of riding areas. The trails, cabins, zip lines, camping, rentals and tours and the store are all run by different entities. The CCCWV runs the trails they have let there employees go as of Tue. I believe. My understanding is they have no concrete plan for the trails yet. There are some organizations looking one very close out of Georgia. The thirty days I think is to buy some time. I hope it all works out I really like to ride their.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am

When I had my mishap down there Labor Day the ranger we talked with said they were looking to expand the trails even more. She said they had leased another 6000 acres and were in the process of marking the trails already...who knows...I guess only time will tell
Back to top Go down
http://www.brownsphoto.com
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:46 am

They did open new trails. And that ranger that you talked to got blind sided on Tue and lost her job.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Thats too bad, both times Ive had problems at Burning Rock they were extremely helpful in helping us get back to the trailer.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Good people there. Maybe something will work out with new management and they can go back there.
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:59 pm

Operating under new management with major trail and track renovations!

West Virginia’s own Burning Rock Outdoor Adventure Park is undergoing huge changes. We are operating under new management with a new outlook on the off-road adventure industry. Trails will no longer be a web of old logging and mining roads, much like the endless miles of trails already available in West Virginia. With added features and re-routes, Burning Rock trails will be more interesting, entertaining and safe. The whole family will be able to have a great experience at Burning Rock. From mom and the young kids to dad and the thrill-seeking teenagers, all will be able to have a great, exhilarating day on the trails.

A professional trail builder, with substantial GNCC experience, is already working hard to make safer, more entertaining trails for every rider with every level of experience. When complete, trails will be suitable for dirt bikes of all sizes, from 50CC to 500CC, sport quads, utility ATVs and side by sides.

We are working hard to get the trails back open, however they are currently still closed, Please check back regularly for updates
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:54 pm

Well it has been a while and BR opened back up a few months ago. I think it is much the same but they are trying to sell it as new and improved. They posted a map finally and lucky for us they layered it over a topo map that has all the local roads on it. Anyone want to know how to get in the back way and avoid the trail head??? Sorry I thought that was funny.

Burning Rock April210
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:09 pm

It's a nice looking map.
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Is the outer most East green loop actually 'one way' Question

Odd that out to the 'West' there's a 'black' 99 trail to get
over to the easier green and blue trails to 'no where'... Neutral
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:16 pm

wacker wrote:
Is the outer most East green loop actually 'one way' Question

Odd that out to the 'West' there's a 'black' 99 trail to get
over to the easier green and blue trails to 'no where'... Neutral

Yeah I heard it was a dead end on the map but it is actually a road that goes on.

Black one way in one way out nice
Back to top Go down
wacker

wacker

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Cool - most of it looks the same except across the expressway.

Thanks for posting the map. Cool
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:27 pm

That section was there all along. I only hit a small part of it one time. Just before they went under. They sings were already made up and sitting in the rangers office to open it up last summer.
Back to top Go down
G Bob

G Bob

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:11 pm

whats even stranger is that black trail 99 is actually a dirt road? Last time we rode it there was a power company truck parked at the top of the hill? Maybe it has washed out badly in the last year or something
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:36 am

With all the new rules and what they are offering for the money, I don't see them making it. It's a nice park but a pass for me is $60/yr. I rode there for the first time last year. I may go back once more to check it out but I prefer riding from Hilltop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Lee

Lee

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:27 am

New rules at BR? What may they be? I've never been much of one to actually read the rules...
Back to top Go down
DJ750

DJ750

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:59 am

It will be a hard road for them.

I feel that the $60 a year is a bargain if it was in my back yard I would happily pay 10 times that. Having said that it looks a lot less like a bargain when your neighbor is selling 6 times the product for $50.

I really want them to make it. I like the place just wish it was another HMT.
Back to top Go down
Lee

Lee

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:18 am

DJ750 wrote:
I really want them to make it. I like the place just wish it was another HMT.

X2...
Back to top Go down
Timmi

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:33 am

me and a buddy took his rzr up there yesterday and rode around. same gal at the counter, no hassle over the new rules. he didn't even show her his pass from last Oct when we were last there. she gave us our cards and told us to keep the wristband on us to show a ranger if we were stopped. we saw two guys on dirt bikes all day. it's still mostly green and blue trails and you can ride it all in a day. it's a nice family park.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ttimmii/
Sponsored content

Burning Rock Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burning Rock   Burning Rock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Burning Rock
Page 1 of 1