QuadCrew Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the QuadCrewRiders website

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D.R.A.M.A. 2012

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Empty
PostSubject: D.R.A.M.A. 2012   D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 am

In case anyone is interested in this:
http://www.atvoffroad.net/forums/showthread.php/11283-It-s-Here!!!-DRAMA-12
It's that time of year again.....time to start making plans to attend the DRAMA (Drummond Rock And Mud Aventure) ride!!!

This years Adventure will take place on Friday, June 1st and Saturday, June 2nd. I know.......I know.....that's the weekend after Memorial Day. So stay close to home on Memorial Day weekend and travel up north the next weekend instead!!!! (You won't have to deal with all of that annoying holiday weekend traffic that way!)

Drummond has a mix of 50-inch trails and 72-inch routes...but the bulk of our riding will take place on the 50-inch trails. So.....if you have a full-size side by side or a RZR S or RZR 900.....you might be on your own when the rest of the group hits the tight stuff!!

For those who have never been there, take note: Drummond is the only place in Michigan where you can legally ride on DIRT instead of sandy trails! It's also covered in rocks, mud, water, and all of the things that make trail riding so darn fun! So be forewarned...if you like to ride fast, this may not be the ride for you!

There are campgrounds and cabin rentals on the island. You can find out all of the information you need to know by going to www.drummondislandchamber.com.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have...either here in the post of by PM. I'll be glad to help you out!!

Last years event was a blast, and this year should be a great time!!! Hope you can come and join us for a fun weekend of riding and good friends!!!
Back to top Go down
Ruger

Ruger

D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.R.A.M.A. 2012   D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 7:23 am

Tumbleweed wrote:

So be forewarned...if you like to ride fast, this may not be the ride for you!

OK I'm out.
Back to top Go down
Prairie Pounder

Prairie Pounder

D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.R.A.M.A. 2012   D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:08 am

Great write up, TW. Had never heard the mud/sand rule. No one should be surprised about anything. You spelled it out very clearly. Cool
I'll be fishing. Thanks for the invite. Sounds like a good time.
Back to top Go down
Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed

D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.R.A.M.A. 2012   D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:25 am

DRAMA is over for the year.
Coral discovered that Drummond Island is a very large rock, covered by smaller rocks. Perhaps had it not rained all weekend, she would have enjoyed it more. 50* and rain does not make for ideal conditions. It's hard to see when you can't keep your goggles clear.
Day 2 was better as we just rode around in the Jeep. No rain inside the Jeep. Turn on the heat and defrost a little. Satellite radio. Now that's 4 wheeling!
Waiting for the ferry.
D.R.A.M.A. 2012 P6010115
Still waiting!
D.R.A.M.A. 2012 P6010119
I had to clear some trails.
D.R.A.M.A. 2012 P6020126
Fun trails.
D.R.A.M.A. 2012 P6020130
All-in-all it was a great weekend. Except for the running out of propane part! Wish I'd have remembered the electric heater.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.R.A.M.A. 2012   D.R.A.M.A. 2012 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.R.A.M.A. 2012
Page 1 of 1